Music, theatre and holiday tidings throughout the weekend. And free parking each Saturday in Nyack until Xmas. Who could ask for anything more?
The Nyack Weekender is sponsored by The Arts Council of Rockland.
- Nyack Coffee House: An evening of live music and spoken word by Nyack high school students. 7 – 10p at Nyack High School, 360 Christian Herald Rd.
- Looking to spice things up? Try the Date & Create Couples Night Couples, where couples 21 yrs & older can experience instruction in wheel throwing and learn to throw a coffee mug to take home. Sign up here. 7p at Rockland Center For the Arts, 27 S Greenbush Rd, W Nyack.
- Enjoy the beloved classic, The Velveteen Rabbit, set to stage. Fri at 7p, Sat at 11a & 2p, Sun at 2p at Elmwood Community Playhouse, 10 Park St, Nyack.
- What happens when a group of childhood friends find an infant and decide to keep it? The Haverstraw Youth Theater presents When We Found Joy, a heartwarming, hilarious play for the holidays. 7:30p, Shades Repertory Theater Company, 64 New Main St, Haverstraw.
- It’s beginning to feel a lot like… The Nutcracker season. Performed by the Rockland Youth Dance Ensemble Fri at 7p, Sat & Sun at 1 & 4p at North Rockland High School, 106 Hammond Rd, Thiells.
- Mr Gone presents a concert of Electric Jazz Fusion celebrating the music of Weather Report and the Headhunters. 8p at the Turning Point Café, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- Attend the Nifty Fifties Holiday Event and enjoy refreshments, vintage décor and the Bottles, Jugs, and Crocks exhibit which features traditional stoneware crocks and jugs as well as glass bottles, all from local collections. 1 -4p at Historical Society of the Nyacks, 50 Piermont Ave.
- Winter Shopping Village & Illuminations features a fabulous display of holiday lights, a life size gingerbread house, fairy tale forest, bonfire, s’mores, hot cocoa and an illuminated playground. Sat & Sun 5 – 8p at Rockland Country Day School, 34 Kings Hwy, Congers.
- Get into the spirit of the holidays at the Rockland County Concert Band Holiday Concert at 6p at St. Mary’s Church, 10 Fox Hill Rd, Tuxedo Park.
- In a Fool’s Mass, a group of medieval village idiots are forced to enact their own Mass, due to the untimely death of their beloved pastor. Bursting with buffoonery and comic audience participation, this Dzieci production is balanced with lovely hymns and chants from the 8th to the 14th centuries. 7p at Marydell Faith & Life Center, 640 N Midland Ave, Nyack.
- Small Matters of Great Importance: Paper + Art is a juried exhibition celebrating small works that make big statements. The exhibit runs through Jan 3. Edward Hopper House, 82 N Broadway, Nyack.
- ZaniaDollz puts on a Holiday Barbie Doll Exhibit at the Suffern Free Library, 210 Lafayette Ave, Suffern. Exhibit open during regular library hours through Dec 30.
- It’s Rockability Saturday Night with local band Finn and The Sharks. 8p at the Turning Point Café, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- An Affordable Art & Pottery Bazaar just in time for holiday gifts. 10a – 4p at Rockland Center For the Arts, 27 S Greenbush Rd, W Nyack.
- New York Cabaret Unlimited performs The Fred Astaire Show, a wonderful staged program featuring the best numbers, sung and choreographed, from Astaire films. 1:30p at Valley Cottage Library, 110 Rt 303, Valley Cottage.
- Enjoy Mozart and Mimosas at Nyack’s newest music venue. 4p at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar, 2 N Broadway.
- Spend an enchanted evening during a Candelight Tour of the Historic 1832 Jacob Blauvelt farmhouse and experience Dutch American Holiday traditions of the 1830s with music, song and seasonal refreshments. Sundays at 5 & 6:30p through Jan 15. Jacob Blauvelt, 20 Zukor Rd, New City.
- Attend a Family Art Workshop and create holiday origami at this artist-led event. 1p at The Nyack Library, 20 S Broadway.
The Book And Pub Club, a book club geared toward 21 to 30-somethings, meets up to discuss Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi. 7p at Cinco de Mayo, 173 Main St.
The Nyack Farmers’ Market has gone undercover! From Thanksgiving until the end of March, you can still shop for fresh produce and meats, fish, honey, a variety of farm products inside The Nyack Center each Thurs from 8a-2p. There are arts and crafts on sale too, all while enjoying live music from local musicians. The Nyack Center is located at 58 Depew and S Broadway.
Get the Nyack Weekender in your mailbox auto-magically every Friday morning. Add your name to our mail list to get this weekly guide to weekend events. Visit our online sign-up sheet to subscribe.
The Nyack Weekender