Here’s the week at a glance
at the Nyack Library.
- Shakespeare discussion Group, 4p
- FREE Assistance with NYS Health Insurance Programs, 5p
- Poets Circle, Registration required, 6:30p
Local History Room Open Hours, 10a – 12p
Food For Thought Lecture Series: Creativity is the Key to Global Survival, Registration required, 6:30p
- Family Book Discussion Group, Registration required, 6:30p
- Author Talk with Peter Danish – Medjugorje: The Final Prophecy, Registration required, 7p
- Children’s Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Party, Registration required, 1p
- Teen Summer Reading Kick-Off Party, Registration required, 3p
- Library After Hours – Comedy Night, Registration required, 8p
- Seed Exchange Open Hours,
10a – 2p
- Teen Practice SAT, Registration required, 12p
Medjugorje: The Final Prophecy, a work of historical fiction by local author Peter Danish, tells the story of a down-on-his-luck American filmmaker who is visiting this holy shrine, in war-torn Bosnia, where it’s said that little children are seeing visions of the Virgin Mary. After miraculous cures begin taking place, pilgrims from all over the world come to the little country town seeking miracles of their own. The American, along with five strangers of different faiths and ethnicity are thrown together by a strange twist of fate. A war and a thousand years of hatred divide them. But a fortune lies ahead for them if they can forget the past, put aside their differences and work together for one night. A mysterious young girl holds the key to unlock a miraculous mystery, and all of their earthly dreams may come true if they can make it happen – and not kill each other in the process.
Join Nyack’s Peter Danish at the Nyack Library on Thursday, June 23 at 7p as he discusses his book. Registration is required.
Food for Thought Lecture: Creativity is the Key to Global Survival, Wed at 6:30p
Have a question or a fun fact you want to know? We’re looking for suggestions for our weekly Did You Know fact. Write to info@NyackNewsAndViews with your suggestions.
Did You Know comes to you each Monday on NyackNewAndViews, sponsored by the Nyack Library.