We recommend you experience Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory’s Open House on Saturday, October 8 (10am-4pm). Back in person on their beautiful campus in Palisades, the Open House is free and open to the public, with a $5 suggested donation.
RSVP at lamontrocks.com, where you can also review important information about COVID vaccine requirements, accessibility, and transportation/parking, with free shuttle buses from Columbia University’s Morningside campus and Crestron Electronics in Rockleigh Corporate Park.
The award-winning Phoenix Theatre Ensemble‘s Festival continues:
- The Harmfulness of Tobacco by Anton Chekov – Edward Hopper House Museum’s Garden, Oct. 7 @5:30pm
- Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder – Marydell Center in Upper Nyack, Oct. 8-9, 15-16 @2pm
Additional attractions include:
- Digital Dreaming: AR Adventures, an immersive journey though downtown Nyack using your mobile phone
- Rivertown Film: Helen Hayes on Film – Nyack Center, Oct. 7
- ArtsRock: Remembering Helen Hayes with Love – First Reformed Church, Oct. 8
- Children’s Shakespeare Theater: Love’s Labour’s Lost – Marydell in Upper Nyack, Oct. 8 & 15 @11am
- Plus more exciting events in around Nyack – see VisitNyack.org for details!
World Class Live Arts in Celebration
From Wilde to Wilder to Shakespeare to concerts and local culture, the festival includes classic plays presented by Phoenix Theatre Ensemble, also featuring Children’s Shakespeare Theatre
Nyack is the Stage
Our picturesque Hudson River town provides the backdrop. Including our unique shops and restaurants. An augmented reality tour explores local history and contemporary culture
Rockland County community contributes — and benefits
Festival opportunities support the county’s small businesses and workers
Special programs engage community organizations, non-profits and young people
About the Phoenix Theatre Ensemble. Founded in 2004 in New York City, the Phoenix Theatre Ensemble is dedicated to the performance of the classic theater canon, and to the development and nurturing of classically trained, highly skilled theater artists. The company makes its second home in Rockland County, where its artists have created and performed both classics and original works since 2018.