Need Something to Do This Summer? Write, Report, and Learn w/ Us
Looking for something to do this summer where you can hone your writing, marketing, photographic, web development, or WordPress skills, all from home?
Previous intern assignments have included covering the Tappan Zee Bridge construction; interviewing a former soap opera star turned fitness instructor; writing about the history of movie making in Rockland County; and making the leap from high school to college. Interns have also helped us produce video vignettes for local business. And past interns have gone on to write for places like GQ, The Hill, and NYMag.
Interning for Nyack News & Views is a unique summer job with flexible hours. You will have the chance to earn some publishing cred while making a little extra cash. This year, we’re looking for writers, wannabe WordPress wunderkinds, and marketing interns, too.
If you are college bound, it’s great material to put on your college applications. But it’s also a way to learn more about where you live, learn to tell stories in a way that gets people’s attention, and yes–in a small way–make the world a better place.
Writers are always welcome. We also need help in sales, marketing, on social media and in web analytics. That means if you have math, spreadsheet or programming skills, there’s a place for you in our summer program.
Previous experience is desirable. So is living in Nyack. However, the only real requirements are interest and aptitude. Students who live in other parts of Rockland, Westchester or North Jersey are also welcome to apply.
There are both volunteer and paid positions, all part-time, with flexible work-when-you-can-hours.
Interested? Email email@example.com for more information. Send us a resume and a couple paragraphs (email is fine) about what you would like to do and why you want to do it. Here are some things we want to know: What is your past journalistic experience? What subjects are you interested in covering? Do you have any story ideas? What is your availability?
And here are some examples of the sort of work former all-star interns have done:
- The Rise and Fall of the John Green House, 7/21/2018 by Sasha Cohen
- Splash Pad Popularity Spurs Memorial Park Restrictions, 7/13/2018 by Lily Weber
- College Prep 101: Packing 8/31/2017 by Hannah Welles
- New York Schedules Nov Vote On Constitutional Convention, 8/6/2017 by Hannah Welles
- Opposition to Naming New TZB After Cuomo, 7/2/2017 by Hannah Welles
- Beware More Than Sharks This Summer, 6/29/2017 by Ethan Morel
- Ride Hailing Comes to Rockland, 6/29/2017 by Hannah Welles
- Seniors, Here’s What to Know Before College, 6/11/2017 by Hannah Welles
- Rockland County Pride Center Opens in Nyack 6/1/2017 by Ethan Morel
- Nyack Center Celebrates Women of Leadership and Vision 3/19/2017, by Zara Kornfeld
- Tourism: Good For Nyack? 3/1/2017, by Zara Kornfeld
- Not Nyack, Like Nyack: Ridgewood, NJ, 7/31/2016 by Peter Henry
- Pokemon Go to Nyack, And So Go Rockland Millenials, 7/18/2016 by Shauna R. Bahssin
- A Bird’s Eye View of Hook Mountain, Then and Now, 7/7/2016 by Peter Henry
- Vigils in Nyack, New City Mourn Lives Lost at Orlando’s Pulse Nightclub, 6/17/2016 by Shauna R. Bahssin
- Time Nyack Hotel Dazzles in Debut, 5/25/2016 by Avalon Singer