Broadway, in Upper Nyack, is lined with picturesque houses, but one in particular caught the eye of CBS’s Living Large series recently. A $5 million, 7,000 sq foot Queen Anne Victorian recently renovated was spotlighted by the news organization. (If you missed it, find it here.) The article takes you inside the home, which may look old on the outside, but has been fully modernized within. Here are a few details that caught our eye:
- The colors of the stained glass were an inspired choice. They were selected as an homage to the original owner’s Colombian ties.
- There are seven (!) fireplaces in the home.
- In the past 14 years–the time period over which the renovations have been taking place–every single wall, with one exception, has been taken down. The exception? The entry vestibule.
- One suite was built out of what was originally four bedrooms.
- The renovation included a screening room and game room.
As Others See Us is an occasional feature that publishes what media outside of Nyack say about the people and places in the Lower Hudson Valley.