‘Twas the weekend before Christmas and all through the town, there were movies, dance and last chances to buy gifts, all around. There were solstice events, theatre, music and more; ?? skating at Bear Mountain and ugly sweaters galore.
This Fri-Sun list of what to do and where to do it is brought to you by Rockland Center for the Arts. Looking for a gift for someone who has everything? Check out RoCA’s Affordable Art & Pottery Bazaar for something unique. Today only, Friday, December 21, get 10% off your entire purchase from 10a to 3p.
- AntiGravity Stretch & Restore – Come stretch and reset your inner clock as you move through techniques that will lengthen, stretch, decompress, and restore your entire body. 5:45-7p, Soul Flyte, 13 S Broadway, Nyack.
- The Westchester Broadway Theatre presents A Christmas Carol. Enjoy an evening of holiday cheer with Charles Dickens’ Scrooge and Tiny Tim. 6:15p, 1 Broadway Plaza, Elmsford. Show runs through December 23.
- Main Street Beat and 95 1/2 MAIN are joining forces for Winter Solstice on Main Celebration!. Shop vinyl, custom fragrances, original art, local artisan handmade items. And enjoy refreshments and live music. 7-11:59p, 95 1/2 Main, 95 1/2 Main St, Nyack.
- It’s time for the Winter Holiday Party Galore featuring The Rebel Saints and seasonal music & songs by Paul Speziale, Michelle Solomon, Steph Finucane, and Michelle French. 7:30-11p, Nyack Village Theatre, 142 Main St, Suite 110, Nyack.
Bill will be hosting a Nyack Sketch Log Pop Up Store at Casa del Sol on Fri, Sat and Sun from 12-8p.
- Erase all that holiday stress. The King & I Restaurant is hosting a free Meditation Session led by a Buddhist monk. 10a, 93 Main St, Nyack.
- Have a Beary Merry Holiday. Make tasty holiday snacks for the black bears and watch the bears when they come out to unwrap their gift boxes. Meet at the Bear Den at 10:30a, Trailside Museums & Zoo at Bear Mountain State Park, 55 Hessian Dr, Bear Mountain.
- Stop by the Affordable Art & Pottery Bazaar to find a gift for the person who already has everything. You’ll find unique art and pottery–functional ceramics, 2- and 3-D art, jewelry, and ornaments. All proceeds from this special fundraiser will benefit RoCA’s exhibits. Opening reception 11a-4p, Rockland Center for the Arts, 27 S Greenbush Rd, West Nyack. The event runs through December 23.
- Have a Celtic Christmas with Cherish the Ladies. Enjoy classic carols such as “O Come All Ye Faithful” and “Silent Night” in arrangements that highlight the group’s unique Celtic instrumentation, beautiful harmonies, and spectacular step dancing. 8p, Tarrytown Music Hall, 13 Main St, Tarrytown.
- Maureen’s Jazz Cellar presents Holiday Music with David Budway and Lizzy Kates featuring Dierdre Friel, Catie Friel, Cameron Brown, and Mike Camacho. 8 and 9:30p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
Shop, sip, and mingle at Jane Cowles’ exhibition A Few Shiny, Bright, and Colorful Things at the The Outside In in Piermont. The exhibit runs through January 6.
Enjoy a magical wonderland of jewelry designs and petite mixed media works. Order custom designed unique jewelry and sample delicious treats and beverages from Il Freno Espresso Bar, Drunken Taco, and Grape D’Vine. Sponsored by Renaissance Financial Group. Visit the upstairs gallery at The Outside In. 2-5p, 249 Ferdon Ave, Piermont.
- Skate at Bear Mountain Ice Rink. Adults $5, children under four are free. 10a-7:30p. Open Christmas Eve: 10a-3:30p; closed Christmas Day; and Dec 26: 10a-9:30p, Bear Mountain Ice Rink, Bear Mountain State Park, Palisades Interstate Parkway.
- Get your ugliest Christmas sweater out for the Ugly Sweater Brunch Party. Enjoy bottomless drink specials and a Peruvian brunch menu, and dance to party music by DJ Dennis Ciallela. 12-5p, Maura’s Kitchen, 81 S Broadway, Nyack.
- It’s a Wonderful Life at Tarrytown Music Hall. A holiday family classic that needs no introduction. The heartwarming story of how George Bailey finds the true Christmas spirit with the help of another friendly spirit. 7p, 13 Main St, Tarrytown.
- Wine, Women, and Song – enjoy holiday chamber jazz with The Firey Sistas at 8p, Maureen’s Jazz Cellar, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
Music and images come together as The Dark Side of the Hudson performs Pink Floyd’s Animals and Wish You Were Here with many of the iconic British band’s original film projections. This is a special, not to be missed show, presented by Rivertown Film. 7:45p, Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave, Nyack.
Looking Ahead: Make A Date For the 2019 Resolution Run
Nyack is ringing in the New Year with a resolution to end hunger in our community. On Sat Jan 5, the Nyack Hunger Coalition is asking everyone to join them for a four mile fun run/walk to end the hunger crisis in Nyack. Your donations will benefit The Nyack Hunger Coalition, a group of 10 local non-profits who provide food to those in need in Nyack and beyond.
To get the Nyack Weekender delivered to your mailbox auto-magically every Friday morning, add your name to our mail list. Visit our online sign-up sheet to subscribe.