Celebrate Rockland’s very first beer week with new drafts, Cajun dance music and cool jazz. Take a Nyack Boat Charter or kayak on the Hudson, LOL at comedy, namaste at cat yoga or watch a movie in the Edward Hopper House garden.
This Fri-Sun list of what to do and where to do it is brought to you by Rockland Center for the Arts.
- You might know him as a wise-cracking mega agent in the HBO show Entourage. Enjoy a special evening with Jeremy Piven. 7:30 and 9:45p, Levity Live, 4210 Palisades Center Dr A – 401, West Nyack.
- Set up your blanket or lawn chair in the Edward Hopper House garden and enjoy Films in the Garden. The night starts with the presentation Hopper’s Hold by Nyack’s very own Bill Batson, followed by the feature Blood Simple. 8p, Edward Hopper House, 82 N Broadway, Nyack.
- The Mike Fahn Quartet is celebrating the music of Jimmy Giuffre and Bob Brookmeyer with special guests John Hart on the guitar, Harvie S on the bass, and Billy Mintz on the drums. 8 and 9:30p, Maureen’s Jazz Cellar, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
Rockland County Beer Week
Rockland County’s breweries and craft beer bars have come together to have the very first Rockland County Beer Week. Beer releases, bus tours, music and more.
- Beer Tour de Hudson Valley featuring all the beers of the Hudson Valley in one place. Beers from Defiant, Industrial Arts, Equilibrium, Hudson Valley Brewery, Suarez Family Brewery, Rushing Duck, Kuka, and more. Friday and Saturday, 12p-12a, The Burger Loft, 395 S Main St, New City.
- Enjoy a day with local music and local beers at the All day music fest. Friday, 4-11p, Growler & Gill – Craft Beer Shoppe and Tasting Room, 148 E Route 59, Nanuet.
- Come get a taste of a special new brew from Gentle Giant Brewing Co. at the Beer Release, Friday and Saturday, 4p, Gentle Giant Brewing Company, 7 N Main St, Pearl River.
- Don’t miss the five breweries of Rockland County collaborating on a beer that will be canned and released at Industrial Arts Brewing Co. Rockland County Brewery Collab Can Release, Saturday, 1p, Industrial Arts Brewing Company, 55 West Railroad Ave, Bldg 25W, Garnerville.
- Defiant will be hosting some great bands at the Summer Concert Series. Come for great music, amazing BBQ, and a specialty beer list, including multiple collab beers. Saturday, 6p, Defiant Brewing Company, 6 Dexter Plz, Pearl River.
- With so many events in three days everybody will need a Rehab at District 96. Drop in for massages, beer cocktails, live music, and more fun activities. Sunday, 12-6p, District 96 Beer Factory, 393 S Main Street, New City
- CAT YOGA!, an adoption and fundraiser for HiTor Animal Shelter. Nyack Yoga is offering an all-levels vinyasa yoga class with some lovely cats who are up for adoption. Cats will roam freely in the studio during the session. 3-4:30p, Nyack Yoga, 42 Main St, Ste 101, Nyack.
- The Coby Petricone-Berg Quartet and the Emma Sundvik Quintet play as part of the Next Generation Jazz Weekend at the Edward Hopper House. 2-4p, 82 N Broadway, Nyack.
The best place to enjoy the summer evening is out on the water, watching the sun set over Nyack and Hook Mountain.
Book a two hour relaxing sail on the Hudson where the captain and crew provide the appetizers, local craft beer, and regional wine. For more information, visit NyackBoatCharter.com.
- Take a sun chair and spend the afternoon with the Noah Rosner Quartet and the Fat Boi’s Brass Band as part of the Next Generation Jazz Weekend at the Edward Hopper House. 2-4p, 82 N Broadway, Nyack.
- Don’t miss the Young Performer’s Edition of The Wizard of Oz by the Rockland Theatre Company. 3:30 and 7p, North Rockland High School, 106 Hammond Rd, Thiells.
- Explore the views of historic Nyack from the water with a kayak, including the Hudson River and Hook Mountain as you paddle north. 2-4p, Nyack Marina, 1A Spear St, Nyack.
- Be a guest at Penguin Rep Theatre’s 2018 Gala. The festivities start at the theatre at 4p with musical entertainment and an interview with Ann Dowd (award-winning actress from The Handmaid’s Tale and The Leftovers). The evening will continue at the Gilmor Sloane House on the adjacent grounds with dinner and refreshments catered by Rockland Roots. Tickets are $175 and available online. As seating is limited, better get them soon. 4p, 7 Crickettown Rd, Stony Point.
- Stop by for a Sunday matinee with Suede, with Fred Hughes on the piano and Amy Shook on the bass. 4-6p, The Turning Point, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- Boogie to Cajun dance music of Southwest Louisiana with the Catahoula Cajun Band, 6:30-8:30p, Franklin Street Park at the intersection of Cedar Hill Avenue between Depot Pl and Franklin St, Nyack.
The Music on the Hudson series presents: CRUSH, a NY/NJ cover band playing the big hit rock songs from the ’80s, ’90s, and today. 7-9p, Memorial Park, Nyack.
Jazz in the Garden with the Steven Bernstein R&B Jazz Band. Bring your lawn chair or a blanket. Edward Hopper House, 7:30-9:30, 82 N Broadway, Nyack.