You are only two days and seven miles away from New York´s second largest St Patrick’s Day Parade in Pearl River. You can Dance your Heart Out with the Arts Council of Rockland or rock out to Comomama, Darlene Love or The Red Hot Chili Pipers. For chamber and classical music fans, there’s the Olympic Piano Trio and Bob Chilcott’s St. John Passion.
- Take a musical journey with Cocomama, an all-female band, named for the Incan goddess of health and happiness. The group’s influences are limitless: Afro-Cuban, Jazz, Classical, Afro-Caribbean, Latin American, Soul, R&B and beyond. 7:30-9:30p, Nyack Library, 59 S Broadway, Nyack. (A $10 suggested donation to The Friends of the Nyack Library is requested at the door.)
- D.L. Hughley. star of the hidden camera reality series, “S.O.B. Socially Offensive Behavior,” brings his standup act to Levity Live. 7:30p and 9:45p, Levity Live, 4210 Palisades Center Dr. A-401, West Nyack.
- The Red Hot Chilli Pipers – Bagpipes + Rock = Bagrock! A unique fusion of rocked up bagpipes including everything from “Amazing Grace” to “We Will Rock You.”. 8p, Tarrytown Music Hall, 13 Main St, Tarrytown.
- Get captivated by Darlene Love‘s warm, gracious stage presence and her thunderbolt voice. 8p, Tarrytown Music Hall, 13 Main St, Tarrytown.
- Camp RoCA – Tour the camp and meet the staff at Open House Sunday. 1-4p, RoCA, 27 S Greenbush Rd, West Nyack.
- Wear something green when the 56th annual Rockland County St. Patrick’s Day Parade marches through Pearl River. 1:30p, South entrance of Pfizer parking lot, Pearl River.
- Don´t miss the Olympic Piano Trio and their passionate commitment to every note. The trio performs a repertoire of classical, romantic and modern masterpieces. 3p, Union Arts Center, 2 Union St, Sparkill.
- GraceMusic presents Bob Chilcott’s St. John Passion. Brandon Beachamp conducts the Grace Church Choir, orchestra, organ and soloists in this contemporary yet classical setting of the Passion story. 4p, Grace Episcopal Church, 130 First Ave, Nyack.
- Photography lovers won’t want to miss the Car Parts Exhibition Opening Reception featuring Laurie Peek’s dreamlike photographs elevating the everyday beauty and character of cars. 6-8p, Union Arts Center, 2 Union St, Sparkill. The exhibit runs through April 23.
Can I Really Grow a Fig Tree in Rockland? It´s Gardener’s Day. Discover a selection of native flowers, shrubs and small trees that will add beauty to your landscape, with Marta McDowell. Learn how native plants are defined and why adding them to your garden will support the health of the local ecosystem. Chris Shankar explains how we can use the special characteristics of the Lower Hudson Valley to help you create your own living masterpiece. 8:30a-2p, CCE Rockland Education Center, 10 Patriot Hills Dr, Stony Point.