Do you have a sweet tooth for spring? Saturday is Maple Sugar Day at Marydell. You can join the Penguin Plunge for a jump in the river to benefit two local kids or support your local firefighters at a fundraiser. It’s First Friday, too, which means exhibits and music from the Nyack Art Collective.
- On the First Friday of each month, local businesses host art and music events.
- The Nyack Art Collective has yet another great evening planned for you at Casa del Sol with musical guests Michelle Solomon and Paul Speziale. 8-10p, 104 Main St, Nyack.
- Support your local firefighters. The Rockland County Firefighters Emerald Society is holding their first fundraiser and St Patrick’s Season Kick-Off Party. The Rockland County Firefighters Pipes and Drums will perform and prizes will be available. 9-11p, Halligans, 32 S Liberty Dr, Stony Point.
- The Historical Society of Rockland County invites you to Two Hikes through History. This week hike to Claudius Smith´s Den, a large, horizontal rock shelter, that served him and his gang as a hideout. Hike takes 3-3.5 hours and has steep sections. 10a, Harriman State Park, address will be given after confirmed registration.
- You were always wondering how maple sap is harvested from maple trees at the end of winter each year? Attend Marydell´s Maple Sugar Day You can sample the sap as it is tapped from trees and observe how maple syrup is produced by boiling over an open fire. 11a-2p, 640 N Midland Ave, Nyack.
- Margaret Cho: Fresh Off The Bloat!, likes to make you laugh with taboo topics. Shows are at 7 and 9:30p, Levity Live, 4210 Palisades Center Dr. A-401, West Nyack.
- Sound Bath – A horizontal concert which is a transportive musical experience where you can close your eyes and drift into your own imagery and contemplation. Nyack Yoga, 8p, 42 Main St, Ste 101, Nyack.
- Penguin Plunge – Come take a frosty plunge into the Hudson River for a good community cause. A $20 donation will get you a unique t-shirt while helping Sebastian Scully of Valley Cottage and Elle Fishman of Piermont, two local kids with serious illnesses. Memorial Park, 12p, 4 Depew Ave, Nyack.
- Piermont artist Margaret Grace will be exhibiting small South African landscape paintings. Postcards from South Africa, Piermont Library, 2-4p, 25 Fly Wheel Park W, Piermont. Exhibit runs through March 31.
- Classical music with Rockland Symphony Orchestra. Enjoy an afternoon with Beethoven and Dvorak. Rose Concert Hall at Green Meadow Waldorf School, 4p, 307 Hungry Hollow Road, Chestnut Ridge.
Learn more about the Rockland Community College Culinary Arts Center, opening September 2018 on the corner of Main Street and Broadway. Speakers include Nyack Mayor Don Hammond, and representatives from RCC and its Culinary Arts program. 7p, Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave, Nyack.