Music all around. Christine Lavin will try to make you laugh with a mix of romance and humor. The Collective Brass plays a benefit GraceMusic concert for Puerto Rican relief and you can sip some wine and hear Broadway classics at a Dominican College fundraiser. Speaking of giving a hoot — check out the Owl Prowl.
- Celebrate “Wine-Art-Music” for Dominican College. Sip specially selected wines, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and engage in art by Liliane Tomasko and the best of Broadway including selections from A Little Night Music, West Side Story and more. 7p-10p, RoCA, 27 South Greenbush Road, West Nyack.
- Celebrate Black History Month with the Trinity Gospel Choir, more than a dozen Rockland musicians representing seven different churches. 7:30-9:30p, Nyack Library, 59 S Broadway, Nyack.
- Big Jay Oakerson will humor you with his easy charm and dirty delivery. 9:45p, Levity Live, Palisades Center, 4210 Palisades Center Dr. A-401, West Nyack.
- Let your inner child out and stop by the Pearl River Train Show, a large complex track layout with a dozen or more trains running at once. 10a, Hillsdale, NJ train station.
- “Whoo! Do You Love on Valentine’s Day Weekend?” Join the Owl Prowl at Hudson Highlands Nature Museum to discover their fascinating adaptations. Have fun on a guided after dark walk, during which an educator will use a calling device to try and coax owls into the area. 7-9p, Wildlife Education Center, 25 Boulevard, Cornwall-on-Hudson.
- Classic jazz by the Don Falzone Quartet. 8p and 9:30p, Maureen’s Jazz Cellar, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
Christine Lavin plays an afternoon concert at the the Turning Point Café in Piermont. Known for her sense of humor, Lavin‘s music is an emotional reflection on romance and comedy. She has written an award-winning memoir and occasionally guest-hosts on WFUV’s Sunday Supper Radio Show. Local artist Betsy Franco Feeney will perform a song with Christine. Tickets are $25, available here. Doors open at 3p, show begins at 4p. 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- GraceMusic presents The Collective Brass in a concert to benefit Hurricane Relief in Puerto Rico. This high-energy chamber group performs Monteverdi, Mozart, Debussy, and some up-tempo surprises. All members hold positions in major performing groups in New York, and all play with the West Point band. Four are our neighbors here in the Hudson Valley. 4-5:30p, Grace Episcopal Church, 130 First Ave, Nyack.
- Join Steve Hackett – Genesis Revisited on his extraordinary journey, drawn from a rich musical heritage. Listen to a mix of all time Genesis favorites such as the mighty Firth Of Fifth and recent solo material. 7p, Tarrytown Music Hall, 13 Main St, Tarrytown.