This weekend you can enjoy a day of family fun with the Amazing Grace Circus. Get your petticoat and hair pomade and twist the night away at Neil Berg´s 50´s music party. Not a dancer? Enjoy a classical night or laugh tears with the comedians in the area.
- Spring is in the air and that means, time for home improvement. Head over to Rockland Community College to see hundreds of exhibits and demonstrations on the latest home improvement services and products. The 31st Annual Suburban Home Show has everything under one roof – contractors, designers, landscapers and more. Fri 3-9p, Sat 10a-8p, Sun 10a-6p, RCC Field House, 145 College Rd, Suffern.
- It’s time for some “Crazy Love” with Poco and Jim Messina at the Tarrytown Music Hall. 8p, 13 Main St, Tarrytown.
- John Malino Band takes the stage at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar. 11p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- Look, Swirl, Smell, Taste – Torne Valley Vineyards wine tasting. Try eight different wines and stay for the day with lunch being served until late. 11a, Torne Valley Rd, Hillburn.
- Godfrey – back in the days an all-around class-clown, now one of the hottest comedians. Levity Live Comedy Club, 7 and 9:30p, 4210 Palisades Center Drive A-401, West Nyack.
- A classical night with Overtures by Avi Nagin and Marika Bournaki. Be there, when Avi honors the Rockland Music Conservatory. 7p, 45 S Main St, Pearl River.
- Neil Berg’s 50 Years of Rock & Roll. From Chuck Berry to Elvis Presley – from “Twist” to “Jailhouse Rock”, get your dancing shoes out. 8p, Cultural Arts Theater at RCC, 145 College Rd, Suffern.
- Ready for Vic DiBitetto? A super high-energy comedian who will make you rock with laughter. You might know him for his “Bread and Milk” rant on YouTube. Prepare to laugh yourself to tears. Tarrytown Music Hall, 8 and 9:30p, 13 Main St, Tarrytown.
Family-Fun-Day with the Amazing Grace Circus. See the joy in your kids´eyes, when they watch acrobats, aerialists, magicians and clowns. Ringmaster Mr. Amazing will astonish you with 30 minutes of circus, vaudeville, magic and pantomime performed by AGC!’s Teen Circus Troupe. After the show, your kids get to try everything they saw: spin plates, juggle balls and walk on the tight-wire. Tickets are $5 for kids and $15/$20 for adults, available here or at the door. 11a, Union Arts Center, 2 Union Ave, Sparkill.
- Stop by for a great afternoon of trivia fun to benefit the Penguin Plunge. Team size is 2-6 people, donations are $10 per player. There are three rounds of trivia challenges with great prizes. This year’s Penguin Plunge is a fundraiser for 7 year old Sebastian Scully of Valley Cottage and 4 year old Elle Fishman from Piermont. Murty’s Publick House, 2p, 29 W Central Ave, Pearl River.
- Don’t miss the only area showing of An Adam Experiment, a “play for the people,” which seeks to educate audiences on Adam Clayton Powell, Jr., a Baptist Minister at the famed Abyssinian Baptist Church, the first African American to be elected to the New York City Council and also the first African American from New York to be elected to Congress. 3p, Rockland Community College Cultural Arts Theater, 145 College Rd, Suffern.
Rivertown Film screens Two Trains Runnin´, a portrait of a defining moment in American history, carried out in Mississippi during the height of the American civil rights movement. 8p, Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave, Nyack.