This weekend take a trip down memory lane with a Disco Party with Randy Jones of the Village People at the Union Arts Center and a Doo-Wop Sunday. There’s also jazz, a country jam, folk, funk-fusion and rock. The kids can get active with sports instruction or see a family-friendly comedic play.
- Vibraphone player Bill Ware and the rest of The Puppeteers will take you on a jazzy journey with no strings attached at the Union Arts Center. 8p, 2 Union Ave, Sparkill.
- Your favorite lovable family of creepy kooks is alive and well and living in their super-spooky mansion in Central Park. See what chaos ensues when they have to meet daughter Wednesday’s boyfriend’s “normal” family in The Addams Family Young@Part presented by Random Farms Kids’ Theater. Fri at 8p, Sat at 7p, Sun at 2p & 7p, Tarrytown Music Hall, 13 Main St, Tarrytown. Runs through Feb 4.
- Shake off those January blahs with a fine dinner and great drinks, followed by casual blues and a country jam with the Old No. 7 Quartet featuring Bruce, James, Mark, Len and guests. 9:30p, Sidewalk Bistro, 482 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- Swing out of the week with the jazz and funk of the Albert “Ahlfabet” Swing Group and Collision Theory. Enjoy traditional swing jazz in the style of Louis Armstrong and Bix Biederbecke and the unique sounds of funk-fusion. 10:30p, Olive´s, 118 Main St, Nyack.
Come in your best 70’s threads –or come as you are– and dance all night at a Disco Party with Randy Jones of the Village People. The original cowboy from the Village People gets the disco party started and will answer audience questions, perform hits including “YMCA,” and kick off a dance party with a dj spinning nostalgic favorites and the best new tunes. All seats are general admission and include one beverage (wine, beer, or two gourmet soft drinks). Advance tickets $48, are available online until 4pm the day of the performance or $60 at the door. Doors open at 8p with wine and beer available, show begins at 9p, Union Arts Center, 2 Union Ave, Sparkill.
- The New York Rangers and USA Hockey invite kids to Try Hockey for Free. Kids 5-9 years old with little or no hockey experience will get introductory on-ice instruction, free skate rental, autographs and a New York Rangers hockey stick. 2p & 3p, Mid-Hudson Civic Center Mc Cann Ice Arena, 14 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie. Registration is required.
- Need a good laugh? Dave Attell, the creator and host of “Dave´s Old Porn” and one of the “25 Funniest People in America”, is just what the doctor ordered. 7 & 9:30p, Levity Live, 4210 Palisades Center Dr A-401, West Nyack.
- Joe D’Urso and Stone Caravan take The Turning Point stage in Piermont for the release of their first CD in five years, “Jersey Diner.” 7:30 & 9:30p, 468 Piermont Ave.
- Get the kids ready for spring sports at a Sports Carnival at St. Thomas Aquinas College. Pay one price for unlimited, mini sessions of sports skill training and instruction by coaches, athletes and instructors. 11a-1p ages 4-7, 1-3p ages 8-12, 125 Rt 340, Sparkill.
- Baby it´s cold outside. Help those with nothing warm to wear. Christ’s Ambassadors of Charity will be holding a Winter Coat and Clothing Drive at Pearl River United Methodist Church. New and gently used winter coats and jackets, sweaters, hats, gloves, scarves and other clothing are needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. 1-3p, 130 Franklin Ave, Pearl River.
- Stefan Waldman plays folk, pop, blues and American roots songs and singer/songwriter Marianne Osiel performs at the Nanuet Library. 1:30p, 149 Church St, Nanuet.
- Head to Karma Restaurant Bar and Lounge for the 14th Anniversary of Doo-Wop Sunday. Grab your friends, dance and enjoy the music everyone loves. 4-7p, 100 Main St, Nyack.