<!– BEGIN IFRAME TAG – Street Fair Article Banner Ad
It’s the penultimate street fair of the year. And it’ll be a beaut. The forecast calls for sunny skies and 72 degree temps. Plus, as always, live music and 300+ vendors. The fair takes place from 10a-5p and is sponsored by the Nyack Chamber of Commerce.
Kids of all ages can join the circus for a day, at the Amazing Grace CIRCUS! demonstrations in Memorial Park. Circus Family Fun Day includes tightwire walking, unicycles, juggling, human pyramids and more – all with performances and help from the circus performers.
Sunday’s Street Fair features live bands, great food, kid rides and hundreds of vendors offering crafts and jewelry. Dogs, however, are not allowed at Nyack Street Fairs.
Live musical entertainment from 11a-5p includes:
11a Jeff Rubin — acoustic guitarist, formerly of Oingo Boingo
1p Jeff Doctorow – acoustic guitar
2:30p Dead Meat — Grateful Dead tribute band
4p Richie Ranno’s All Starz
Nyack’s street fairs are known for their combination of merchandise for all tastes and pocketbooks, arts, crafts, food, entertainment, located along Main Street and Broadway in the Village of Nyack, on the west bank of the Hudson River just north of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
Been Too Long At The Fair?
Here are a few other things going on this Sunday in Nyack, courtesy of the Nyack Weekender.
- You can be incognito at a Masquerade Brunch and Bubbly Dance Party and enjoy Peruvian food and dance to the sounds of DJ Dennis Ciallela while drinking bottomless champagne and bloody marias. 11a, Maura’s Kitchen, 81-83 S Broadway, Nyack.
- Art Workshops for Families at the Nyack Library: Drop in between 1-3p and make a special project together in these artist led workshops. Each project takes about 45 minutes to complete. $5 materials fee collected at the door. Free admissions to the Edward Hopper House will be given to all participants. 59 South Broadway, Nyack.
Want to know what to do and where to do it in and near Nyack? Sign up for the Nyack Weekender mailing list and get some news you can use each Friday morning in your inbox. Follow this link to also get summaries of our weekly deep dive into where all of us live in Earth Matters.
Downtown Nyack is transformed into a car-free pedestrian mall for up to 25,000 people during street fairs when Main Street and Broadway are closed to traffic. Or take a break from the streets and see the river at nearby Memorial Park, visit Nyack Beach State Park or hike Hook Mountain.
<!– BEGIN IFRAME TAG – LocalYokel_300x250px
- Dog Lover? No Fair For You, 9/26/2011
- Private Security Detail Works Street Fair Instead of OPD Cops, NyackFreePress 5/19/2014
- The Circle Game, 8/5/2011
- Nyack Springfest Street Fair is a Tweet. Maybe, 4/17/2011
- Street Fair Boosts Vendors, Nyack Merchants, 10/13/09