Where can you find a riverfront Ferris wheel, a Human Foosball game, an iron pour, great food and live music? All that and more will be part of the first annual Great Nyack Get-Together this Sat Sept 16 from 12n-6p in Nyack Memorial Park.
The Great Nyack Get-Together is a free community event to celebrate The Nyacks and neighboring towns and villages, and raise awareness of the range of services provided by the groups and individuals that make up the fabric of our community. “We wanted a day to showcase the amazing things our non-profits do for the community,” said Village of Nyack Recreation Director Melody Partrick. It’s also the first time the village has attempted to offer free space and a platform for all of the community non-profits to strut their stuff. “The Great Nyack Get-Together is different from anything that’s happened before in Nyack,” said Kim Cross, Executive Director of Nyack Center. “It’s not a street fair, it’s not a carnival, but it something really fun in between.”
- Ferris Wheel overlooking the Hudson River ($5 fee/person)
- Human Foosball game
- Iron pour with Manhattan Iron Project
- Two stages with live music
- A Dunk Tank
- Community Art Project collaboration
- Non-profit organizations serving the community, health and legal services, local businesses and school groups will all be on hand with information and answers to your questions as well as a fun activity – photos, face painting, crafts, games, and much more!
Participants include over 60 nonprofits The Amazing Grace Circus, ArtsRock, Girl Scouts of the Hudson Valley, Head Start, Historical Society of the Nyacks, Edward Hopper House Art Center, Hudson River Health Care, John Green Preservation Coalition, Keep Rockland Beautiful, Nyack Center, Nyack Hoops, Nyack Library, Nyack Parks Conservancy, Nyack School District, Nyack Red Storm Marching Band, People to People, Rockland Center for the Arts, Rockland County Pride Center, and Rockland Rowing Association.