Come to Nyack on Tuesday, July 4th to celebrate America’s independence to see dueling fireworks displays fill the sky over the Hudson River. The Village of Nyack will launch their aerial show from the west bank at about the same time Sleepy Hollow will light up the skies from the east side of the river, shortly before 9p on July 4, 2017.
The Nyack display, which will be launched from Memorial Park on the Hudson River, can be seen from any place in the village where there is a clear view of the southeast sky. There will likely be a big crowd at Memorial Park, so we found nine other places to catch the show and celebrate–or mourn–America.
- The landing at the top of Hook Mountain for a view from above.
- At Nyack Beach State Park you’ll be able to put your feet in the sand and grill up some burgers.
- The Nyack Pier at the foot of Main Street adjacent to the Clermont Condos.
- A friend’s boat?
- The storied view from Gedney Street, before five future stories obstruct your view.
- Piermont’s pier, because the town is called Piermont for a reason.
- In a car, driving across the TZ Bridge, if you like to live dangerously.
- We would NOT encourage anyone to sneak onto the BOCES roof. (Seriously, don’t do that.)
- Is Pretty Penny, the former home of actress Helen Hayes, still on the market?
To get you in the mood for the July 4th celebrations, here’s a :70 montage of the 2010 Nyack fireworks, set to Stars And Stripes Forever played by the Orangetown Concert Band on July 3, 2012.
Photo Credit: Arnold Roufa
Video Montage: Dave Zornow