This extended holiday weekend includes music, theatre, amusement rides, biking, historical Revolutionary War re-enactments…and July 4th fireworks.
- The first player inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame and called “the most hated man” in the game is the subject of Cobb, a powerful play which explores Ty Cobb’s complicated legacy. Penguin Repertory Theatre, Fri at 2p & 8p, Sat at 4p & 8p, Sun at 2p, 7 Crickettown Rd, Stony Point.
- Bring the whole family to the Palisades Fair at the Palisades Center Mall. Enjoy amusement rides, all day entertainment and a petting coral without spending a lot of time on the road. Fri at 5p, Sat, Sun, Mon and Tue at 1p, Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack.
- Don’t miss one of the trailblazing guitarists in the New York rock, rockabilly and blues scenes as Barry Ryan’s Rockabilly Express performs at the Turning Point Cafe. 9p, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- This week Bike Nyack takes a High Tor Hi-Ho for a bit of climbing. This 30 mile loop includes Piermont and Sparkill before turning north to South Mountain Road and New City. After a Rockland Lake drive by the posse goes over Hook Mountain and returns to Nyack. 8:30a, meetup at Nyack Memorial Park, corner of Depew & Piermont Aves.
- Take a trip back in time and Celebrate Independence at the Stony Point Battlefield. There will be an illustrated talk at 2p followed by a reading of Declaration of Independence, plus an artillery drill and firing demonstration. Sat & Sun 2-3:30p, Stony Point Battlefield, 44 Battlefield Rd, Stony Point.
- Jazz your weekend up a bit as the Pete Malinverni Trio brings their fiery jazz to Maureen’s Jazz Cellar. 8p & 9:30p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- Take a trip to wine country without leaving Rockland. Sip some wine or distilled spirits and listen to the acoustic pop, rock, folk and new age music of John Moroski at Torne Valley Vineyards. Open to the public at 11a, music begins at 1p, 1 Torne Valley Rd, Hillburn.
- Celebrate Independence Day a little early at the Town of Haverstraw Concert and Fireworks with music by the 747 Orchestra. Concert begins at 7p, fireworks begin at 9:30p, Bowline Point Park, 1 Bowline Plant Rd, Haverstraw.
Tuesday – Independence Day
Get ready to oooohhhh and aaaahhhh as the Village of Nyack presents its annual Independence Day Fireworks. 9p, Memorial Park, corner of Depew & Piermont Aves, Nyack.
The annual Jazz in the Garden series kicks-off with Dick Voigt and the Big Apple Jazz Band at the Edward Hopper House. 7:30p, 82 N Broadway, Nyack. Rain location: Grace Church, 103 First Ave, Nyack.