This year, try a New Year’s Resolution that you won’t want to break – explore Nyack! Check out the exceptional art, music, food and outdoors that Rockland County is known for. Here’s to a memorable 2016!
- It’s the First Friday of the New Year and Nyack’s monthly one-night downtown arts festival includes a group show titled Self-Portrait, plus live music at 8p at Casa del Sol, 104 Main St. Presented by the Nyack Art Collective at various venues throughout downtown from 6-8p.
- Bear Mountain Ice Rink is open for the holiday break through Dec 30! Adults $5, children (ages 4-22) $4. Check website for holiday hours. Bear Mountain Ice Rink, Bear Mountain State Park, Palisades Interstate Parkway.
- Window shopping in Nyack takes on a whole new meaning from now through Jan 31. The Nyack Window Project pairs visual artists with local landlords to create original installations in downtown storefront windows, a project conceived by award-winning set designer and Nyack resident Joanne Howard. Exhibits on Main St and Broadway in Nyack.
Take part in a Poetry Workshop & Poetry Slam. Each participant gets 5 minutes at the open mic to show off their chops. Workshop from 5:30-6:30p, doors open for slam at 6:30p. Casa del Sol, 104 Main St, Nyack.
- See the exhibit of Nyack artist William Bruckner. On display each Sun from 1-4p through Feb. Historical Society of the Nyacks, 50 Piermont Ave, Nyack.
- Artist’s reception for Jos Demme, the Corner Frame Shop’s Artist of the Month. Recent works from Demme on display thru Jan 31. 2-5p at The Corner Frame Shop, 40 S Franklin St, Nyack.
Open Tai Chi is a meditative exercise that offers health benefits in a community setting. Led by Rich Iannuzzi. This event recurs every Thurs morning from 6:30-7:30a at Union Arts Center, 2 Union Ave, Sparkill.
Get the Nyack Weekender in your mailbox auto-magically every Friday morning. Add your name to our mail list to get this weekly guide to weekend events. Visit our online sign-up sheet to subscribe.
The Nyack Weekender is sponsored by