If strolling streets chocked with friendly vendors and a few thousand fellow shoppers appeals to you, come to the Nyack Street Fair on Sunday October 11. Hours are 10a-5p.
Dogs are not allowed at Nyack’s Street Fairs. And if you want additional information about events, restaurants and things to do around town, VisitNyack.org.
Up to 25,000 people are attracted to the Nyack street fairs, when Main Street and Broadway are closed to traffic, making it a pedestrian paradise. Stroll throughout the village’s downtown and street fair booths.
Been Too Long At The Fair?
- Sparkill Salon Concerts presents Forbidden Love with Vassily Primakov. Robert Schumann’s secret love for his piano teacher’s daughter, Clara, shown through the beautiful music he composed for her. 3p at Union Arts Center, 2 Union St, Sparkill.
- The Historical Society of the Nyacks’ Fall exhibition features the photographs of the construction of the original Tappan Zee Bridgetaken between 1952 – 1955 by Leonard Cooke of Nyack. Exhibit runs every Sunday through Nov 29. 1p at 50 Piermont Ave, Nyack.
- The Brick Alley Block Party captures the Brooklyn renaissance. Participants walk through alleys and galleries viewing art exhibitions and enjoy live music by Lynx. 5:30p at Garner Arts Center, 55 West Railroad Ave, Garnerville.
- Elmwood Playhouse presents High 5 Vocal Works. High Five will be accompanied by the Will Rich Trio. 7p at Elmwood Playhouse, 10 Park St.
- There’s suggestions on what to do every weekend in our regular Friday feature, the Nyack Weekender.
Nyack’s street fairs are known far and wide for their combination of merchandise for all tastes and pocketbooks, arts, crafts, food, entertainment and special goings-on, all within the context of the wonderful Village of Nyack, with its own attractions of great shops and restaurants in a charming Victorian setting.
- Private Security Detail Works Street Fair Instead of OPD Cops, NyackFreePress 5/19/2014
- Dog Lover? No Fair For You, 9/26/2011
- The Circle Game, 8/5/2011
- Nyack Springfest Street Fair is a Tweet. Maybe, 4/17/2011
- Street Fair Boosts Vendors, Nyack Merchants, 10/13/09