by LeeAnn Mailly
Here’s your rundown of what to do and where to do it.
- The River Skye Band performs pop hits and originals at 7:30p at Bourbon Street. 132 Main St, Nyack.
- Elmwood Community Playhouse presents All In The Timing, a collection of clever and hilarious one-acts by David Ives. Fri & Sat at 8p, Sun at 2p. Elmwood Community Playhouse, 10 Park St, Nyack.
- Penguin Rep Theatre stages My Name Is Asher Lev, adapted from the novel by Chaim Potok. Fri at 8p, Sat afternoon at 4p. Various showtimes through August 2. Penguin Rep Theatre, 7 Crickettown Rd, Stony Point.
- The Neil Berg Band pays tribute to the great piano songs of the 70’s including Billy Joel and Elton John at the Orangetown Summer Concert Series. Free, 7:45-10p, Veteran’s Memorial Park, Orangetown.
- Grab your bicycle and join your neighbors for this week’s BikeNyack event, Circumnavigating Lake Tappan. About 25 miles. Meet at 830a by Memorial Park, Depew & Piermont Aves, Nyack.
- Walk to the Beat Festival features percussive world music and dance all over downtown Nyack. The free event kicks off at 12n featuring five hours of entertainment on four main stages. At 6p, festival organizers Heather Cornell and Ana de la Paz celebrate the release of their first CD and at 7p join the jam session in Memorial Park (Piermont Ave). At 9p, dance (don’t walk) over to Casa del Sol (104 Main St) for an after-party.
- Hook, Line + Sinker: Fishing the Hudson River peers beneath the surface and explores the Hudson River’s dual identity as prolific natural ecosystem, and PCB-contaminated Superfund site. This mask and puppet show for all ages celebrates the timeless art of fishing while offering the low-down on eating fish from the Hudson. 5-6p, Haverstraw Bay Park, 21 Gagan Road, Haverstraw.
- Experience a unique painting workshop under the instruction of artist, Dan Thompson. Participants are given the opportunity to paint nude figures in a beautiful outdoor setting. Preregistration required. Sat & Sun, 10a-4p at Vytlacil, 241 Kings Highway Orangeburg.
- Commemorate the 236th Anniversary of the Storming of Stony Point with reenactors, musket drills, artillery demonstrations, and more! 11a-4p, Stony Point Battlefield State Historic Site, 44 Battlefield Rd, Stony Point.
Friends of the Nyacks presents Mostly Music summer concert series each Tuesday thru Aug 11. This week hear the all female multi-national Latin Jazz orchestra, Mayra Casales and CocoMama. 7:30p at Memorial Park, Piermont & Depew Aves, Nyack.
- Rivertown Film presents Timbuktu, a quietly furious film that explores life under Islamist rule and the day to day existence in the desert city of Timbuktu, Mali. 8-10p, Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave.
- Stony Point Summer Concert Series presents the blues band, Inside Straight. 7p, River Front Park, Grassy Point Rd, Stony Point.
The Arts Council