by LeeAnn Mailly
Here’s a rundown of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
- 2015 Art Walk celebrates its 10th year anniversary with 10 to the 10th Power…a Decade of Art. Shops of Nyack are transformed into art galleries, with the artists in residence. Stroll through the streets of Nyack to view and purchase works by over 25 talented artists. Free parking Sat in Artopee Parking Lot from Fri until Sun.
- The Palisades Fair returns to West Nyack with family-friendly offerings like the Fearless Flores Circus, illusionist Lance Gifford, a Las Vegas hypnotist, a petting zoo, rides, games, fair food and more. Fri (5p-close), Sat & Sun (1p-close) at Palisades Center Mall, 1000 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack.
- Alicia Crowe Duo, featuring guitarist Paul Speziale, performs at 8p at Avida Wine Bar, 159 Main St, Nyack.
- The Flash Sketch Mob returns to Nyack and invites creatives of all ages and skill levels to participate! Standing along both sides of Main Street from Gedney to Franklin Street, participants create a composite landscape portrait of the village. The art works are photographed and projected on a large screen that night. Registration required. Assemble at 10a at Weld Realty, 4 Park St & return at 1p so art can be scanned. View pop-up projection of art work at 9:30p at Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave.
- Grab your bicycle and meet your neighbors for a weekly 25 mile ride from Nyack’s Memorial Park. Visit BikeNyack.com for this week’s destination. 8:30a at Memorial Park, Piermont & Depew Aves.
- The Arts Students League Residency at Vyt offers a workshop by Dean Hartung, Nudes in Nature. Enrollment limited to 12 students. Please pre-register. 10a-4:30p at Arts Student League Residency at Vyt, 241 Kings Highway, Orangeburg.
- Discover the people and places that shaped American history with Path Through History NY. Check out what’s going on in Rockland County, including a special curated tour of the B.W. Church – Boat Builder exhibit. Sat & Sun 1-4p, Historical Society of the Nyacks, 50 Piermont Ave, Nyack.
- Free Shakespeare in the Park at Tallman State Park: See Pericles in the park, a performance produced in a partnership between the Palisades Parks Conservancy and Children’s Shakespeare Theatre. 6p at the stone amphitheater next to the athletic field. BYOLC (Bring Your Own Lawn Chair) or blanket.
Fire Tower Ramble at Sterling Forest State Park: Celebrate Father’s Day with a moderate for mile hike featuring scenic views of Sterling Forest. Route includes access to the 60 foot fire tower in the park. 11a, 116 Old Forge Road, Tuxedo, NY. Sturdy hiking shoes are suggested.
- Join acting concertmaster of the New York Philharmonic, Sheryl Staples, and festival artists as they bring the Academy of Music Summer Festival to a close. 7:30-9:30p at Grace Church, 130 First Ave, Nyack.
- Summer Solstice vocal concert with Lisa Sokolov featuring Jake and Raina Sokolov-Gonzalez. 7:30-10p at Union Arts Center, 2 Union Ave, Sparkill. There’s also a Summer Solstice celebration on Sunday at Bell-ans Park in Orangeburg at 5p.
- Opening gathering for June Artist of the Month at The Corner Frame Shop, Tony Ziegler. 2-5p at The Corner Frame Shop, 40 S Franklin Street, Nyack.
The Mostly Music season of free summer concerts at Nyack’s Memorial Park kicks off with The Bossy Frog Band and the Women’s Vocal Ensemble and Advanced Chorus from Nyack High School. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket to enjoy some music under the stars on the banks of the Hudson. 6:30p, presented by Friends Of The Nyacks.
Rivertown Film presents Keep On Keepin’ On, a moving and affectionate glimpse at the relationship between the great trumpeter Clark Terry, 92, and Justin Kauflin, 29, a talented, blind pianist. 8-10p at Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave.
Moshi Moshi, an anime cover band, performs at 7p at Art Cafe, 65 S Broadway, Nyack.
The Arts Council