Here’s your Nyack Cupid Alert for Feb 13-15, 2015.
- GraceMusic continues its Great Music in a Great Space with their second annual cabaret, (un)Lucky in Love – the perfect celebration of the many faces of love: young love, jaded love, and happily-ever-after love. Adult admission ($30 for all) includes tasty finger-foods, decadent desserts and one complimentary “Cupid’s Arrow” drink. Visit BrownPaperTickets.com for tickets or call 845-358-1297 x16. 7:30p at Grace Church, 130 First Ave, Nyack.
- Nyack Village Theatre celebrates Black History Month in Film, starting with St. Louis Blues – The Story of W.C. Handy. 7:30p at Nyack Village Theatre, 94 Main St.
- The Knaves of Children Shakespeare Theatre present Hamlet. Fri and Sat, 7p at Tappan Manse Barn, 32 Old Tappan Rd, Tappan, NY.
- Accomplished singer/songwriter and guitarist Tim Foljahn (Cat Power, Townes Van Zandt, Orange Is The New Black) plays at 9p upstairs at Prohibition River, 82 Main St, Nyack.
- Edward Hopper House presents paintings and drawings by Philip Koch. The artist’s work includes large, vibrant landscape paintings as well as oils and charcoal drawings of the interiors of both Edward Hopper’s Truro, MA, studio and of Hopper’s Nyack home. 5-7p, at Edward Hopper House, 85 North Broadway. Exhibit runs through April 12.
- Finn and the Sharks host a Rockabilly Dance Party at 7:30p, at Union Arts Center, 2 Union Street, Sparkill.
- Valentines’ Day Party at The Kiam Records Shop featuring free singles for singles. All are welcome, but all single guests get a free record! Refreshments, valentines, fun, and cookies! 6-9p at The Kiam Records Shop, 95 Main St, Nyack.
- Nyack Village Theatre honors Black History Month in Film with Cameleon St, a 1989 independent film written by, directed by and starring Wendell B. Harris, Jr, it tells the story of a social chameleon who impersonates reporters, doctors and lawyers in order to make money. 7:30p at Nyack Village Theatre, 94 Main St.
- Looking for a romantic spot for a Nyack V-Day dinner date? Enjoy the spice of Peruvian cuisine at Maura’s Kitchen. Savor the special Valentine’s Day menu at the Hudson House. If you’re in the mood for a great selection of craft beer and a memorable prix-fixe menu, head to Prohibition River. And for those who think Valentine’s Day is overrated, there’s an anti-Valentine’s Day party at the Nyack Pour House.
- VCS Social Justice Film Series: Lady Valor: The Kristin Beck Story. Former U.S. Navy SEAL Christopher Beck embarks on a new mission as Kristin Beck. 2:30p at Nyack Library, 59 S. Broadway.
- The Pomona Cultural Center presents Winter 2015 Art Exhibition Primordial Emergence, featuring oil painting by Mark Weiss and sculpture by Cristina Biaggi. Opening reception with live music by The String Jazz Society. 5-8p at Pomona Cultural Center, 584 Route 306, Pomona.
- Walk to the Beat benefit featuring guest artist Thanos Daskalopoulos, a body percussionist/tap dancer from Athens, Greece. With John LaBarera (guitar), Andy Algire (balafon) and Heather Cornell (physical percussion). Buy tickets online at eventbrite.com. 7p at Rockland Conservatory of Music, 45 S. Main St, Pearl River.
- Outdoor skating each weekend at Ramapo Ice Park at Provident Bank Park, Bear Mountain Ice Rink and Harriman State Park. Check Websites for times and fees. Skating at Lakes Tiorati and Silvermine in Harriman is free but only permitted only when green flag is present. Visit NYSparks.com or call (845) 351-2568.
Figure Drawing Group. $12 per session, $6 for students. Enter in back, 7:30-10p. Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave.