The National Weather Service has announced a Winter Storm Watch for Rockland County and the Lower Hudson Valley predicting 10-14 inches and 15-25 mph winds for Mon-Tues.
- Hazard types…heavy snow and near blizzard conditions.
- Accumulations…snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches.
- Winds…north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- Visibilities…one quarter mile or less at times.
- Timing…heaviest snow and strongest winds will occur overnight Monday into Tuesday.
- Impacts…blowing and drifting of snow with near blizzard conditions are expected due to strong winds.