by LeeAnn Mailly
Here’s a run down of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
- Nyack Village Theatre stages its production of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, three One-Acts directed by Richard Quinn. 8p, at Nyack Village Theatre, 94 Main St.
- The Rockland Alliance for Health presents the 2nd Annual Latin Dance Party – La Sequela. Latin finger food provided by Nyack Gourmet plus Sangria. No dance experience required so sign up here! 7-10p, Gagliardi Studio, 39 Hudson Ave.
- The 2nd annual Happy Jack 5k Run and Walk held to honor the memory of ‘Happy Jack’ Doyle, who passed away at only nine months. The event raises support for the Happy Jack Fund, which provides academic scholarships to families who have suffered the loss of a child. Race morning registration between 7 and 8:30a. 5k begins at 9a with a ‘fun run’ to follow at 10a, and a post race BBQ party at 11a. Race site is Germonds Park, Germonds Rd. West Nyack (lower lot).
- All-You-Can-Eat Spaghetti Dinner to benefit The Ladies Aux. of Orangetown Fire Co. No 1. Adults $10 Seniors $8 Children Under 10 $6. 5-8p, Orangetown Fire Company No 1, 90 Depot Place, South Nyack.
- The Nyack Saturday Farmer’s Market features local farmers, florists, food and craft artisans. Marianne Osiel performs from 10a-12n. 8a-1p, Main Street parking lot.
- The Fall Friends of the Nyack Library Book Sale takes place from 10a-4p in the Community/Meeting Room at Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway.
- The fourth annual AppleFest features music by Jeffrey Friedberg from the Bossy Frog Band, apple-themed crafts and treats, and a William Tell nerf shooting contest. Other festivities include Sweet Yoga by Bonnie Ringer and an apple pie baking contest (sign-up here!). Sponsored by Friends of the Nyacks. 12-3p, Nyack Memorial Park.
- Orangetown Museum presents An Orangetown Scrapbook Exhibit. Using donations from local families, this collection exhibits family photo albums compiled in the late 1800s. Ongoing, on Sundays (1-4p) and Tuesdays (10a-2p), until Nov 16. 196 Chief Bill Harris Way, Orangeburg.
- Friends of the Nyack Library Book Sale from 12n-4p. Community/Meeting Room at Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway.
- Walking Tour of Oak Hill Cemetery – take a stroll through this historic cemetery and celebrate the lives of the influential figures that lie buried here. Artists like Edward Hopper, Helen Hayes and Charles MacArthur, as well as other social activists who shaped the world on a local and national level. $5 suggested donation, 2p at the entrance gate on Route 9W behind Nyack Hospital.
- Wed: County Executive Ed Day will hold a town hall meeting to update the public on his administration efforts to stabilize Rockland’s finances and promote economic growth. 7p at Fieldstone Middle School, 100 Fieldstone Drive, Thiells
- Wed: Rivertown Film presents Life Itself, a look at the inspiring life of Roger Ebert, the internationally acclaimed film and social critic. Wed, Oct. 22, 8-10p at the Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave.
- Wed: Jazz bassist Mark Hagan performs with a jazz quintet followed by a jam session in the Jazz Wednesdays series at the ’76 House in Tappan. Presented by the Rockland County Jazz & Blues Society. 8p-11:30p, 110 Main Street, Tappan