The weatherman is calling for sunny skies and 61 degrees when the last Nyack Street Fair of 2014 takes place on Sunday, Oct 11. Bring the family from 10a-5p but keep Fido at home: dogs are not allowed at Nyack’s Street Fairs.
If you’ve been too long at the fair, there are lots of options within a short walk of Main Street and Broadway.
- More than 30 families will sell their stuff goods to benefit the Nursery School of the Nyacks in a multi-family tag sale / garage sale from 9a-12n at Grace Church on the corner of First and Franklin in Nyack.
- You can also run for good at the annual “Blow Away Cancer” Breast Cancer Run & Walk at Nyack Hospital at 9a.
- The Building Bridges Concert features live music, dance, and poetry from 2-4:30p at FOR in a fundraiser for the Rockland Coalition to End the New Jim Crow. There’s a suggested donation of $20 for adults and $10 under age 25. Fellowship of Reconciliation, 251 N. Broadway.
Need a few more suggestions of fun ways to fill your weekend? Sign up for our regular Friday feature, The Weekender, which highlights art, music, hiking biking, cultural and civic events near the Nyacks each Fri-Sun. And there’s more good stuff at VisitNyack.org, too.
- Private Security Detail Works Street Fair Instead of OPD Cops, NyackFreePress 5/19/2014
- Dog Lover? No Fair For You, 9/26/2011
- The Circle Game, 8/5/2011
- Nyack Springfest Street Fair is a Tweet. Maybe, 4/17/2011
- Street Fair Boosts Vendors, Nyack Merchants, 10/13/09