Here’s a run down of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
- Alicia Crowe visits the AVIDA Wine Bar for an evening of jazz vocals at 7p. 159 Main Street, Nyack.
- Orangetown Parks & Rec presents a tribute to the music of Simon and Garfunkel at 7:45p. Bring blankets and lawn chairs. Veteran’s Memorial Park, 81 Hunt Rd, Orangeburg.
- The Nyack Saturday Farmer’s Market features local farmers, florists, vendors and artists from 8a-1p in the Main Street parking lot. Entertainment by The River Acoustic Band and School of Rock campers perform classic tunes from the Foo-Fighters at noon.
- Lace up your hiking boots and join the 10a-12n Mine Hole Waterfall Hike at Minnewaska State Park Preserve. 5281 Route 44-55, Kerhonkson, NY
- Band leader and percussionist Ethan Linden Cohen teams up with the soulful singer/songwriter Raina Sokolov at 8p for an eclectic mix of familiar and original music at the Nyack Library. 59 S Broadway.
- Tues Aug 12: NJ Palisades Interstate Park children’s hike at 10a. Meet by Bloomer’s Beach at the north end of Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin. About 3 mi, 2 hrs., easy. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Free. For more information: 201 768-1360 ext. 108.
- Wed Aug 13: The Valley Cottage Library presents a free movie, “Lone Survivor” at 2p. (Rated R) 110 Route 303, Valley Cottage.