November’s First Friday features yarn bombing, poetry slamming and a live band on Main Street. Here’s a guide to Nyack Art Collective‘s monthly cultural festival.
Yarn Bombing is a form of street art using colorful displays of knitted & crocheted yarn and fabric. If you want to see trees and benches covered in color or have a chance to put your crochet needles to work, come to the corner of Cedar St. and Main Street on Friday, Nov. 1. You should bring finished pieces, but if not, and you knit quick, there will be some yarn.
Suffern Poets will be located throughout the village, breaking into verse near First Friday venues.
The STAC House Band will perform live at the Main Street Gazebo.
Main Street (above Franklin Street)
The Franklin Antique Center – Chris Machlin
Main Street (below Franklin Street)
- Cloud 9 – # 120: Doris Shepherd Wiese
- Vincent’s Ear- #112: Nina Berlingeri
- Casa del Sol – #104: Lauren Rudolph
- Little Flower Shop – #95 1/2: Natalie O’Donnell
- Harry’s Burritos – #90: Shawna Handke
- P. Ross: #89: Doris Shepherd Wiese
- Johnny Cakes: #84: Elaine Schloss
- Temptations – #80 1/2: Cass McVety
- Starbucks – #80: Lawrence Hultberg
- Edward Hopper House Art Center – #82: Sandy Levine
- Lorybird – #23: Colleen McGowan:
- Gena Lisa: #17
- Bee Alive – #19: Diana Saez
- Chocolaterie – #6: Jamie Gaviola
- Sweet Spot- #11: William Rauschenberg
- Colin Holmes – #13 Kate Faust
- Saffron trading Co. – #14
- Art Café -#65 Daina DeFrancesco
- Sanctuary – #60
- Pizza Bistro – #64 Tracy Kachtick-Anders
- ML by Maria Lusia – #75: Cynthia Shaw
- RJ’s – Leigh Anne Eagerton: 81 S. Broadway
- Somos – Doris Shepherd Wiese: 78 S. Broadway
Burd Street Café – #78 Franklin Castro, Donna Ladson, Ken Burns, Jessica Butler
- Gagliardi Studio & Gallery – #39: Victor Gagliardi