It’s hot and humid now. But in a few weeks summer will draw to a close, children will return to school and voters will go to the polls. But only the registered kind.
Here are upcoming dates you should know regarding the September 13, 2011 Primary Election.
- By mail: Application must be postmarked not later than August 19th and received by a board of elections not later than August 24th to be eligible to vote in the Primary Election.
- In person: You may register at your local board of elections or any state agency participating in the National Voter Registration Act, on any business day throughout the year but, to be eligible to vote in the Fall primary, your application must be received no later than August 19th.
To obtain an absentee ballot for the September Primary:
- Sept. 6: Last day to postmark an application by mail for an absentee ballot.
- Sept. 12: Last day to apply IN PERSON for an absentee ballot. Absentee ballots must be postmarked no later than Sept 12 and they must have been be received by the local board of elecetions no later than Sept. 20.
- Sept. 13: Last day to deliver ballot IN PERSON to the local board of elections (by someone other than the voter).
For more information, contact the Rockland County Board of Elections at (845) 638-5172.