MuseumChick.com, a blog about museums and world travel, offers a top ten list of things to do in Nyack. Check out her list and compare it to your own personal favorites. Feel free to click comment and add a recommendation or two. The list includes:
- Picnicking in Memorial Park.
- Catching a movie, lecture or event at Riverspace
(Because MuseumChick has been away for a while, she probably didn’t know that Riverspace ceased having regular events last Fall)
- Visiting the Edward Hopper House Art Center.
- Eating and people watching at one of the cafes or restaurants on busy Main Street.
- Catching a Farmers’ Market or Street Fair
- Hiking the beautiful trails and parks including Hook Mountain and Nyack Beach State Park.
- Shopping and antiquing for hand-made gifts.
- Seeing a play at the Elmwood Playhouse
- Taking a walking tour with the Nyack Historical Society and gawking at the historic houses that line the river.
- Hiking through the Oak Hill cemetery to find famous graves, like those of Edward Hopper and Helen Hayes.
Danee Gilmartin, author of MuseumChick.com, lives abroad and blogs about her visits to museums all over the world. She’s also an unapologetic booster of all things Nyack. “If you haven’t heard about Nyack, then you are missing a very quaint and historic town that is a short trip from New York City,” she says. “Go at the right time (weekends or mid-day) and you can explore this town’s great restaurants (my favorites are Thai House and a casual pizza joint called Turiello’s) bustling streets, scenic views and trails along the Hudson River, an abundance of parks for lazy picnics.” Gilmartin says one of her favorite small art galleries is The Edward Hopper House Art Center, where she worked earlier in her career.
Source: 10 Fun Things To Do in Nyack, MuseumChick.com
Photo Credit: ©2010 Danee Gilmartin All rights reserved