The Tappan Zee Express and Metro North will operate on a holiday schedule on Martin Luther King Day, Monday, Jan 19.
TZx buses will operate a modified schedule to coordinate with Metro-North trains at Tarrytown and White Plains. All buses will provide “local” service through Nyack on the holiday. Metro-North trains in Westchester County on the Hudson and Harlem Lines will operate a modified Saturday schedule, with some additional trains. Off-peak fares will be in effect all day.
Here are additional details on how the holiday will affect public transport on other bus, train and ferry routes:
- Transport of Rockland (TOR), Clarkstown Mini-Trans and Monsey Trails bus services will all operate normal weekday schedules.
- COACH USA’s Shortline bus service will operate a weekend schedule. Call (800) 631-8405 or visit online at www.shortlinebus.com.
- COACH USA Express (Exit 14) bus service will offer reduced service, with buses departing in the morning approximately every 30 minutes between 6:00 and 8:35 AM. Call (800) 631-8405, or visit online at www.shortlinebus.com.
- COACH USA’s Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan) bus service will operate a Saturday schedule, plus reduced Express route service to all stops on routes #45, #47 and #49. Call (845) 356-0877 or visit online at www.coachusa.com/rockland for details.
- Rockland County’s TRIPS Paratransit buses will operate a limited service.
- Spring Valley Jitney buses will not operate.
Trains / Ferries
- New Jersey Transit trains in Rockland County will operate normal weekday schedules on the Pascack Valley Line and the Main Line / Bergen Line. Port Jervis Line trains will also operate a normal weekday schedule.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will operate a modified schedule to coordinate with Metro-North trains. The TOR Ferry Express Shuttle bus will meet all ferries. Call for schedule details at (800) METRO-INFO or visit online at www.mta.info.
- The New York Water Taxi from Haverstraw to Manhattan will not operate.