Here’s a run down of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
As part of Nyack Jazz Week, local legend Sam Waymon performs at the Nyack Library, 59 S Broadway, Nyack from 7:30-9:30p. Tickets at rcjbs.org.
- The Nyack Saturday Farmer’s Market features local farmers, florists, vendors and artists from 8a-1p in the Main Street parking lot. Musical performances by Jesse Frayne from 8:30a until 11:30a and at noon rock-n-roll campers from School of Rock perform classic Judas Priest and Ozzy tunes.
- The Walk to the Beat Festival hosts percussive music and dance at venues across the village from 11a-6p. There are also concerts at the Hopper House, Memorial Park gazebo, and Main Street gazebo.
- Nyack Jazz Week, Bill O’Connell-piano Latin Jazz Allstars with Conrad Herwig- trombone, Ralph Bowen-tenor sax, Harvie S- bass, Richie Morales- drums at the Hudson House, 134 Main Street, 8 & 10p. Tickets at rcjbs.org.
- ETA featuring Stevan Swann, 6:30 – 8:30p Franklin St. Park, 90 Depot Place South Nyack. ETA is a band that consists of seven basic pieces: male and female lead vocalists, keyboard, guitar, drum, bass, saxophone.
- The Closing Night Party for Nyack Jazz Week features the Bob DeVos Organ Trio at the Turning Point Cafe, 7:30-10:30p, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
Tuesday July 29, Mostly Music Concert Series: John & Vicki Forster bring their uniquely bent satirical songs to Memorial Park at 7:30p.
Thursday July 31 Hopper House Music in the Garden: Shirley Crabbe and Friends at 7:30p.
Thursday, July 31 at 6:30p Poetry in the Summer: Ramapough Poets and friends collaborate to perform the words and music of poetry at the Valley Cottage Library.