Want to know where to go and what you to do within a day’s drive of Nyack this summer? The Nyack Library is your “Summer Staycation Center” on Sat June 28 at 2p for a talk by seven experts with fun ideas for day trips that don’t require flights, hotels or travel insurance.
- Colin Keegan, Program Director Palisades Interstate Park in NJ, will talk about the 11 miles of scenic riverfront and cliff-top vistas along the Hudson River, only a 15 minute drive from Nyack.
- If cycling is your thing, Dave Zornow of the Rockland Bicycling Club will share a list of favorite routes for riders of all ages and abilities, with fun street rides and rail trails for both the serious and casual cyclist.
- Nyack native Amanda Cymore is an avid outdoor explorer and founder of the “Zenith Girls Outdoor Group.” Amanda will talk about how her group provides a ‘safe space’ for adolescent and teenage girls while encouraging physical activity and hiking.
- Summertime is also the right time to try something new, too.
- “Fitness Kickboxing Nyack’s” Amir Elamir will talk about the benefits of kickboxing.
- The Fire Mountain School’s Ed Durso will talk about Tai Chi, Shen Kung Fu, Kettlebell, Conscious Fighting and Fascia Gong for fun, healing, relaxation, mental health, resilience training, and tempering.
- Want to mix in a little local history on your day trips? Two of our presenters have that covered, too.
- Linda Greene, is a member of the Historical Society and a Travel Agent who will be sharing information about local and near-by day trips- CT, NJ and Upstate NY.
- Gini Stolldorf, is a member of the Historical Society and Docent at Kykuit and Lyndhurt and will include information about visiting these historic homes and more.
For more information, visit NyackLibrary.org.